Originally posted by TOC:

After reading the first part of this fic, however, I was thinking to myself... maybe it's a good thing that I don't live in Australia myself, considering that I'm a woman! (I don't mean that I hate sports - okay, I don't get that much out of it - but to be regarded as a "Sheila" all the time and to be spoken to by a gang of drunk guys the way Lois was and to have to think or that incident as a normal thing in life...)
In modern Australian life virtually no one in the cities uses the "sheila" terminology these days. In the 15 years I lived in Sydney, I never heard any of the people I was around use it once (unless they were mimicking Croc Dundee) and one of my bosses was a fair dinkum rugby league yobbo (in many ways the rugby league fans are the worst type out there in my opinion).

BTW: The Opera House isn't all that impressive up close, but the Harbour Bridge is what I miss the most...

Sorry for Sydney-ising the thread FH... back to focusing on Melbourne we go. XD

Curious to see where you take us next and can't wait to see how you describe the hallowed ground. (although I appreciate it for another sport entirely - cricket).

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box