Thanks for the FDK everyone.

Lynn I'm a country girl too, but my husband's job keeps me tied to the city for now.

Thanks for commenting.

Kathy I enjoy alternate beginnings too because you can take what you want from canon and leave the rest. Thanks!

Lisamaree Melbournians might not have such strong accents, but still use colloquialisms. It is really hard to write accent into dialogue.

In some ways, our language has become more Americanised the past twenty years. This fic is set fourteen years ago, and when I said it was possibly more characteristic of the eighties than the nineties, that was mostly what I was referring to.

I am sure Clark will however make the correct choice and support the Sydney Swans.
Not in my fic, he won't! laugh

Failing that, he needs to change codes and follow Union instead.
Your kiwi-ness is showing!

Thanks for leaving FDK.

Seme Thanks for reading. If there is something you don't understand, feel free to ask. I was concerned that if Clark asked about every little thing that was unfamiliar, the fic was going to get very monotonous.

DW Thanks for giving me some leeway with Lois. She has a backstory, which we'll get to.

Michael Thanks. This is going to be like a relaxed walk in the park, so there should be plenty of time for you to catch up.

Marcus laugh

Anagram

Bloody West Coast supporters!
Yep!! wink

For those not from Australia, the Eagles supporters who hassled Lois barrack for the West Coast Eagles.

What a fun premise... very interesting, from one Melbournian to another, I'm looking forward to reading this.
You can alert me to any facts/details I mess up!

Oh, and go cats!
Uh oh - I'm going to have a little fun with the Cats. But having those two flags in the trophy cabinet should ease any pain I inflict!

Thanks!

Sarah Wow! Thanks for your enthusiasm. Hopefully by the end, you will know more about Australia and will have enjoyed another LnC fic.

Sheila Thanks (and sorry about the reference to your name!)

Corrina.