Ann

It's definitely fun to learn som Australian English, too!
As I said, our language has become Americanised the past two to three decades. Example - 'guy' is used much more than 'bloke'. But in a fic like this, part of the fun is to contrast the differences. So that's what I'm going to do - even if it means my Australian characters sound more like they come from the country than the city and it's the seventies/eighties rather than the nineties.

*Lois* referred to herself as a 'sheila'.

The incident with the unruly supporters was from Clark's POV so we don't get the benefit of Lois's thoughts. However, I made it very clear that Clark believed Lois knew she could handle them. There was nothing in the story to indicate that Lois put up with it because she had no other choices.

cookiesmom Thanks for your FDK.

The 'events' happened in Australia, so I'm not surprised you aren't aware of them. A small amount of research on the 'net would probably give you some answers - or you can wait for it to unfold in my fic.

(This is probably obvious - but if anyone does know some of what is to happen, please keep it out of the FDK thread, so as not to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to know beforehand. Thanks smile )

As for number of parts - my guess is 30. (This from the writer who told her BR that she thought AMH would be 18 parts!!)

Lisamaree

Agree with you on the Opera House, but my first impression of the Bridge was 'where's the rest of it?' wink

However, Sydney is a beautiful city - the Harbour is spectacular and you can Sydney-ise the FDK as much as you like.

Hallowed ground - not too much in the fic, partly because I couldn't remember the exact stage of the renovations in 1996 and partly because it just worked that way.

I love it for cricket too - the Boxing Day Test dance Who has your support - The Aussies or the Kiwis?

Terry Thanks for your thoughts Terry. Aussies have a reputation for being friendly - of course it's hard for us to judge if we are more/less friendly than everyone else. As with all places, the people are a mix - some are friendly and open, some are twisted and closed. I'm glad your friend ran into the nicer Aussies.

I tried to add this trait to my Lois Lane in this fic.

As for comments about Americans - I'm surprised they weren't said, but with extreme light-heartedness.

Thanks for your lovely positive FDK, Terry.

Corrina