Well, I didn't post yesterday because I thought Clark was going to go running back to Lana right after this.

Like Michael said, it sounded like "friends with benefits" to me. And that's something I have A LOT OF PROBLEMS with, marriage or no marriage.

But after reading today's posts, I'm not so sure anymore. Clark acknowledges his brain, and his heart, was only on Lois at the time.

And like other people said, it was his "inner teanager" that protested to loving Lana. So what does that mean...?

Well I admit, it is good that Clark acknowledges that Christopher could be his, I agree with Lois on this,
"So he could be my son?"

"Does it really matter?" I asked, unable to keep the trace of bitterness out of my voice.

"Of course it matters," he snapped.

"Why?" I snapped back. "I thought you already loved him like he was your own. What difference would it make if he was? Besides the whole half-alien thing?"
Well I do agree she was kind of harsh with the whole half-alien comment, that is the way I always saw Christopher.
Why is it so important whose baby it is, biologically? (Besides the Kryptonite, of course)
Clark acts like Christopher is his son. Christopher believs Clark is his father. He loves him like his son. So why should that play a role in what happens in five years? How could that make a difference to Clark?
I will say it again. Clark had to men who adopted him as a son (Chris and Jonathan) who he had no biological connection to. That didn't make a difference to him or them.

On the other hand, smile , I think Lois is being way to harsh with Clark here.
"Don’t worry. When the divorce happens, I still won't ask you for anything."

He stood up and turned to look at me then. "You think I won't be part of my baby's life? You *really* think I could just leave Christopher now? Much less a baby I *know* is mine? That I know is my biological child?"

I shrugged. "Like Lana's gonna want to play step mommy to a child that's mine but not yours or to a child that constantly reminds her that you cheated on her with your wife. You'll have your own kids with her. I'd never stop you from seeing them or anything like that, but I won't let them be constantly put in a situation where all they hear is about how your 'real family' comes first or some such nonsense."

"I wouldn't let her do that," he told me.
She knows how he responds to Christopher now, and how Christopher responds to him. Why does she think Lana will be able to control him on whether he can see his son (or children)?

I admit, she's hurting right now, so she's lashing out in anger. That's what all Loises do.
But it still bothers me.