Deathfic's is not my preference either so I've only skimmed it but I thought it looked extremely well written. Clark's living zombie state seemed to flow from his character. You certainly picked the most agonizing moment in the series for Lois to die, Terry. After Clark has decided to tell her but before he could come square with her.

I always disliked those episodes where the villain’s entire plot rests on Superman's goodness. This one took it one step further.

The villain expects Superman to kill one of his friends to save his parents, but if he were ready to do that why wouldn't he rather kill the evil mastermind himself? Superman knows who the kidnapper is and Mazik knows that Superman knows.

It reminds me of the war of Spanish succession where Lois XIV France was on the ropes, and was willing to concede practically every point the coalition demanded. But the peace negotiation came to a stop when Austria insisted that, if Lois:s son Filip didn't step down the throne of Spain, France would have to send troops to depose him. Lois XIV declined with: If I have to wage war I rather do it against my enemies then my children.

Classicalla,
CC: I'm curious about your story about Corben - as in Metallo? What was the story and who got charged? Interesting.
It's Yesterday upon a stair . Superman gets charged for his rather highhanded disposal of Corben. Melting his metal body, killing him, The story is well worth a read.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...