Terry, what a wonderfully well written story this is. Oh, the angst that Clark must feel to know he is responsible for Lois' death.

Even with Lois' video, I kind of wondered why Superman wasn't at least charged with involuntary manslaughter. Somehow I don't think a real district attorney would be so forgiving.

I also appreciate the warning that this was a deathfic. I just recently read another very good story on this board that had no warning. I thought it was a comedy and then wham, Superman is dead. (So there are fics where Superman dies from kryptonite.) There was nothing building up to it in the story, either.

I'm going to be bold and say that if you don't want to read a story because it's a deathfic, then don't make a post that you aren't going to read it - just don't read it and let it be. I hope I don't upset anyone by saying that, but I figure I'll get major flack over it!

I for one have always seen Clark as emotionally stronger than Lois. Yes, Clark is very vulnerable and shows his emotions. That's not the same as being emotionally strong or emotionally weak. (I speak as a nurse with many years of psychiatric experience.)

Please note that some of the feedback here is off topic and there was another thread started about that. I'm probably also guilty, but I hope not too much.

Terry, this was a moving and wonderful story! Congrats...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~