Terry, this was a very heart-wrenching piece. Certainly the whole freezing procedure was an incredibly risky undertaking. A million things could have gone wrong.

Like Caroline, my heart just clenched during the scene where Lucy is venting against Superman, and Clark just sits there and takes it, consumed by his guilt and his grief over Lois. And the thought that he would never heal... whinging

Responding to the discussion:
But if that is the "prevalent" view, why do people think that? I can think of as many instances in the show where we see Lois as emotionally vulnerable (weak?) as Clark.
Carol, I agree that we did in fact see more and more of Lois' vulnerable side. Perhaps it's because he seems to have fallen in love with her at first sight, and the knowledge that within his invulnerable body beats a very vulnerable heart. That he had saved himself for the one love of his life with whom he would be able to share everything.

And there were Myrtle's comments in "Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding". Her opinion hardly makes it an indisputable fact, but perhaps it has influenced, even subconsciously, people's views... You remember that she was originally going to sabotage Clark's wedding ring, and make him the victim. But then she changed her mind, and we get this exchange of dialogue (taken from the script)

MYRTLE: Lois Lane's wedding band.

VOYLE: I think it was a stroke of genius making her the target, Myrtle. Whatever made you think of that?

MYRTLE: Something you said, actually...

VOYLE (feigning surprise): Really.

MYRTLE: That Lois doesn't seem to suffer as much as Clark. Or at least not as well. I think you said a lifetime of misery'll wear better on Clark.
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5