It's been too long since I've updated this. eek

Christine
Pet Semetary
The Tommyknockers
The Shining
Salem's Lot

I did enjoy my revisiting of some of Stephen King's early classics. So much so, that I bought Dr. Sleep as well as 11.22.63 for myself for Christmas.

Nellie (Brides of San Franciso I - Cynthia Woolf

Dedicated Romance isn't normally my go to genre (I like it to be a major part of other genres like Fantasy or Thrillers). But something about this one intrigued me when it appeared on my free Kindle book list, so I gave it a go.

It was a simple, undemanding read, but I did enjoy it - right up until the last 10 pages when the author seemed to lose interest and wrapped everything up at breakneck speed with maximum contrivance. I was particularly aggrieved about a particular conflict being resolved by a major heel turn by a character who had been presented throughout as a thorough villain. But...ha ha...it was all a joke, didn't mean it. Um...yeah. Okay.

All Creatures Great and Small
All Things Bright and Beautiful
All Things Wise and Wonderful
The Lord God Made Them All
Every Living Thing

I fell in love with 'James Herriot's 'little cat and dog tales' back when I was a teen and they were first published. For some reason, I'd missed that another two volumes had been published in later years, so I picked up no. 4. So thoroughly enjoyed the nostalgia trip and reacquainting myself with these wonderful little stories of his life as a vet from the 30s to 50s in the Yorkshire Dales, that I bought the Kindle editions of the rest and had a real wallow.

Whether they are poignant, tragic, joyous, laugh out loud funny - the abiding thing that comes across and links all of the tales is Heriott's obvious, deep and abiding affection for the animal and human characters that shared his life and for the vast, sweeping landscape they lived in.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers