2. The Hunger Games Tribute Guide, by Emily Seife

This book gives a brief overview of the novel/movie The Hunger Games. It was worth the twenty-minute read, though it would not have been worth spending money on. (Fortunately, I got it for free with another book I ordered from a book trading site, due to the fact that the trader was offering a 2-for-1 deal.)

3. Falling in Love, by Shirl Henke

A beautiful young con artist, Chastity O'Roarke, poses as a wealthy widow in order to find a rich husband. Meanwhile, an English earl, Ian Warfield, poses as a stable hand in order to avoid marriage. They fall for each other -- and fall, and fall, and fall: off a trellis, into a pond, off a horse, out of a tree, down a mineshaft ... always accompanied by his dog, Samson, and her cat, Delilah.

The book was supposed to be humorous, but I think this kind of physical humor is better as a visual than as text. Shirl Henke has written some excellent historical romantic thrillers, but she's not so good at writing humor.

4. Song of the Magdalene, by Donna Jo Napoli

A young adult novel about Mary Magdalene's childhood and teenage years, before she met Jesus.

Last edited by Annie B.; 01/16/15 09:08 PM. Reason: Added a couple of titles

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland