Um... peep

1. Warm Bodies: by Isaac Marion. Did I mention peep ? [Linked Image] blush I don't like zombies, usually, in any way, shape, or form. This story though is different and that's what caught my attention. Firstly, it tells the story of a zombie's life through the eyes of the zombie (cool POV, by the way). Secondly, it's the cure to all those dystopic novels plaguing our bookshelves. No, literally, it contains a cure to dystopia... or zombie-ism, whichever you prefer. Anyway, thumbsup .

I tried to read "Life of Pi" earlier this fall but it was so overwhelmingly BORING I could hardly make it through Chapter 4. It's now in my "to be donated" pile. I'll just rent the movie.

I tried to read "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies" last year. I'm a huge fan of the Jane Austin novel, and everything I read had said that this was a funny spin-off. It wasn't funny. It was gory and horrible and I didn't make it through Chapter 1. I'm going to skip the movie.

Sometimes, I wonder how these books make it onto the NYC best seller list. I'm going to stick with writing and reading for the LnC Message Boards and the Archives. (To explain why I'm only on book 1.)

Oh, and I'm currently reading Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix (again), this time to my kids. I finished Book 4 back in the spring (I think).

The movie adaption of Warm Bodies is good too. Not scary or terribly gory. Certainly going to bore die-hard Walking Dead fans, but that's not its audience. I am. smile I liked it so much I went out and read the book it was based on.

Okay, now I'm rambling... Back to reading...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.