66. Rain Makes Applesauce, by Julian Scheer and Marvin Bileck

The classic, dream-like children's book about rain making applesauce ("Oh, you're just talking silly talk!") This was one of my favorites when I was a little kid, and I read it to my nieces, who now love it, too.

67. Fallout: Lois Lane, by Gwenda Bond

I finally got a chance to read this! This is the Lois Lane we know and love -- she's stubborn, fearless, nosy, smart, and determined. At her new high school, Lois quickly uncovers a cyberbullying ring and, in spite of wanting to play it safe, starts investigating. She has a little help from someone she only knows as Smallville Guy ...

A good book, and one I recommend for LnC fans.

68. I'll Mature When I'm Dead: Dave Barry's Amazing Tales of Adulthood, by Dave Barry

A book about adulthood, by Dave Barry, so you know it's funny. It has all original material, except for the chapter about colonoscopies (which is available online; Google "Dave Barry colonoscopy" if you want a funny, spot-on description of, well, colonoscopies.

69. The Bachman Books: Four Novels, by Stephen King

A collection of four novels Stephen King wrote under the pseudonym Richard Bachman, all of them disturbing. The first novel, Rage, is about a mentally ill high school kid who shoots two teachers and holds his class hostage (and that's not the most disturbing part). King started writing this book when he was in high school himself, though it wasn't published until the 1970's. It has now been out of print for years, due to the fact that some kids who conducted school shootings called it a source of inspiration (like I said, disturbing). The second novel is The Long Walk, about a dystopian world in which a large group of boys compete in a long walk, where the lone survivor gets anything they want, and everyone else is shot along the way for walking too slowly or other infractions. It makes the Hunger Games series look WAFFy. The third novel, Roadwork is about a guy whose home is about to be torn down to make way for a highway -- and he decides to fight back. This is actually the least disturbing of these novels. The fourth novel, The Running Man, is another dystopian novel where people take part in game shows that pretty much guarantee their deaths, because it's the only way to make enough money to survive.

70. There Will Come Soft Rains, by Ray Bradbury

Ray Bradbury's classic story about a futuristic "smart home" where the house keeps functioning after the family that lived there are nothing more than the shadows on a wall left by a nuclear blast. The title comes from the poem by Sara Teasdale about the world after the extinction of mankind (but the poem is a lot more positive than the story).

71. Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins

The second book in the Hunger Games trilogy, which I decided to re-read before writing the next chapters of Panem. I knew I had a copy of this book but couldn't find it anywhere, so I went to the school library to check out a copy and discovered that I had neatly shelved my copy there along with the school's copies after a co-worker who had borrowed it returned it. Being on "It's almost summer break!" mode, I'd just automatically shelved it without checking for the spine label that identifies library books.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland