Let's get down to it! clap

HiddenMoon - Thanks! I'm glad Lex is giving you such a visceral reaction. He's is creepy, but I think he's also over confident, which is why he's blind to how it looks when he shows up everywhere, or suddenly changes his clothes style. He knows she's been flattered by all his other attentions to date, so why wouldn't she be lured deeper by his constant invitations?

For Heavens' sake, the girl is finally falling in love with Clark Kent and you flirt with her as Superman?!
I really don't know what to do with this guy... *shakes her head*
LOL! Truly, I chortled when I read that. I can only assure you that he didn't mean to get flirty with her as Superman. As for how it all plays out, well, I guess you'll just have to keep reading. smile

cuidadora - Aw, thanks! blush I'm extremely happy that you enjoyed this part so much.

Searching for the tracking device and bugs was brilliant, and so in character for Lois when she's thinking like the investigative reporter she is. Looks like she knows he's not likely to give up so easily.
She does know that now. One of the ideas I wanted to explore with this story was how Lois would deal with Lex when she knows who he really is and what he's capable of -- and how Lex would deal with her when he knows that she knows. <insert evil chuckle>

Typical Lex to have to have the last word with Superman, whether or not he knows it was heard.
In my mind, he made that comment about Lois because he was certain that Superman would overhear it.

I assume if he could distance himself there wouldn't be 12 parts to this tale!
Very true -- this story would be twice as long if Clark could maintain that distance. wink

My thanks to everyone who's commented. You guys rock my world! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis