Originally Posted by Christina
Ok, so I'm going back to re-read and double-check the time-frame. I thought it sounded like there would be a 3-4 week delay on her return because of the quarantine not allowing the shuttle to return to earth and be prepped for it's next mission. *scurries off to re-read*
[Linked Image]

Ok so on the second read I get to pick up on things I like that are not related to my question/check above....
hyper Second read comments.

Really find this interesting. Flying with a man (well, with Superman specifically) is considered (at least at this point in time) more enjoyable than flying with Superman. Sounds so "unfeminist" at first glance but quite understandable. I bet by the end of this she'll be craving a chance to be UltraWoman.
Being that she doesn't know that becoming UW is possible, who knows. She might want to fly more often with Clark after this, or she might become even more envious of his power of flight and floating than ever before. We shall have to wait and see what develops.

Yes, Captain Angelo is challenging Lois on her feminism, telling her that flying without a man is better than flying with Superman. (Not that Capt. Angelo has first hand experience of the latter.)

Sounds like things will not go well for Lois on this trip.
Oh, sorry. Were you thinking that someone *other* than Lois went into space? huh Of course things won't go as planned. THAT'S HER LIFE.

If I'm not mistaken, I bet the reason it wasn't communicated was because of her desire to stay under the wire. Who knows if a crony of Luthor's happened to be in the know and get word to Luthor where Lois was.
Yes, her trip to space was all hush-hush. It was coordinated with Henderson. The inspector wanted her to be locked up for her protection into a safe house. She wanted to be in control, so she chose her own safe house. Lois told Clark that he wasn't to tell anyone for this reason.

Ok, so "reading lips" is a lie, but couldn't he still have been able to hear her? You'll have to explain the why to me there.
He could read her lips, but he was reminding her that he couldn't hear her. Apparently, sound doesn't travel in space (as several commenters told me after I have Clark's screams of frustration in space cause dust to lift off the moon. Too bad, I liked that imagery.) So, it isn't just the catch phrase promo for Alien. (FYI: "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream".)

Originally Posted by Wrong Clark 192
How dare he! Lois huffed to herself, placing her hands on her hips. Nobody flies off on Lois Lane!
He just did.
clap That he did, which was her point. He wasn't allowed to.

OOOOOooooooohhhhh... Here's hoping that EPRAD (I think it's this uni's NASA if I recall) never gets on the bad side of Lois Lane when it comes to the shuttle program. Something tells me there could be an editorial that could come out of this experience.
Actually, there is both an EPRAD and a NASA in this dimension. EPRAD was mentioned in ASU and NASA mentioned in WoS (by the drunk former NASA engineer). Also, Phil's back story is that he worked for NASA until they lost the Space Station project to EPRAD. He's just been rehired back to work on the Mars Rover missions, which is why he and Cat are moving to Houston. smile There could be an editorial about Captain Martin's behavior, if Perry allows it, but I doubt he'd let Lois use his editorial page for a personal rant.

Maximum quarantine. That's likely three weeks (or at least I'm going by the recent Ebola quarantine measures which have things at about 22 days or a little over three weeks).
True, but this was 1994, so they weren't worried that Luthor had Ebola. Most common colds and such probably would have surfaced within that week. Captain Martin and Captain Angelo only had a 48 hour quarantine before their flight.

Perry: I know it's not your usual style, but you could write on the experience of weightlessness. The sense of solitude. etc. I bet you'd be in the mood.
Yes, well, those were things Lois was planning on writing about. But it's my opinion that despite Lois not liking people, doesn't like to be forced to be on her own or involuntary solitude. Mainly, she was planning on interviewing the colonists, which she can't do while locked up in quarantine, but she can work on articles about what it's like adjusting to life in space and doing everyday activities in space. She mentioned in her letter to Clark that she also planned on writing articles from her POV on her investigation of Luthor during her "free time" in space, so she has plenty of stuff to keep her busy. She's just griping about her lack of freedom. (From one cell and into another.)

Originally Posted by Wrong Clark 192
Angelo shrugged, and said, “Only if we can find a landing window in Nevada at that time. It might end up being three or four weeks due to weather or atmospheric conditions or delays. There’s a reason EPRAD doesn’t like changes to the schedule.”

One week away from Clark and her life was doable, but three to four weeks in this sardine can? Lois gulped. If she had wanted to live like this, she could have taken Luthor up on his bunker offer during Nightfall.
So yes, you did say up to a month away. Can't fudge on that one!
Nuh-uh. Captain Angelo said it *might* end up taking 3-4 weeks. At this point and time, the return has only been delayed a week. That's my story and I'm stick with it. evil

Ok, ok, so I'm clarifying my first comment. I'm expecting Clark to stay away as Superman after his disapproval of her Superman-propelled launch. I can't imagine him coming up with a plausible reason (short of EPRAD deciding they want that shuttle back earlier than the landing window).
Hmmmm. We'll have to see how long Clark can stay mad at Lois. It is HER super power to stay mad, not his. wink

Thanks for your extra comments. smile1 I have Part 193 ready for posting and will probably post it sometime tonight. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.