Ok so on the second read I get to pick up on things I like that are not related to my question/check above....

It felt weird not having her feet automatically move towards the floor. “Not quite like flying with Superman, but a close second,” Lois murmured.

Angelo raised a skeptical brow. “It’s better to fly under a man’s control than under your own?”

Lois lowered her head, so her blushing smile wouldn’t be so noticeable. “Not just any man’s,” she replied.

“Trust me. Once you get used to flying under your own power, you’ll hate to be grounded again,” Captain Angelo said, pointing in the direction Captain Martin had left. “We’ll be heading out this way.”
Really find this interesting. Flying with a man (well, with Superman specifically) is considered (at least at this point in time) more enjoyable than flying with Superman. Sounds so "unfeminist" at first glance but quite understandable. I bet by the end of this she'll be craving a chance to be UltraWoman.

The commander turned and floated away without responding. Angelo glanced at Lois and Lois saw a flash of concern for this breach of etiquette in her expression.
Sounds like things will not go well for Lois on this trip.

Captain Martin waved for the women to follow him through the hatch. “Commander Norton asked that I show you the viewing room as he made plans for your sleep chamber. Director Avery must have failed to mention in his latest communication your addition to our happy crew,” he said. “Commander Norton asked me to assure you that he will greet you personally later on, Ms. Lane, after you’ve had a chance to rest.”
If I'm not mistaken, I bet the reason it wasn't communicated was because of her desire to stay under the wire. Who knows if a crony of Luthor's happened to be in the know and get word to Luthor where Lois was.

Superman rolled his eyes and tapped his ear with a shake of his head. Other than that, his expression didn’t change one jot.

Oh. Apparently, nobody can hear you out in space. Wait a minute. Couldn’t that lunkhead read lips or was that just another convenient lie?
Ok, so "reading lips" is a lie, but couldn't he still have been able to hear her? You'll have to explain the why to me there.

How dare he! Lois huffed to herself, placing her hands on her hips. Nobody flies off on Lois Lane!
He just did.

“Yes, Captain Angelo, since you’ve had more exposure to Ms. Lane than I have, you’ll be in charge of her training,” Captain Martin said with a little wave as he floated out the hatch. “See you in a week!” he called and shut the hatch door.
OOOOOooooooohhhhh... Here's hoping that EPRAD (I think it's this uni's NASA if I recall) never gets on the bad side of Lois Lane when it comes to the shuttle program. Something tells me there could be an editorial that could come out of this experience.

“When Commander Norton heard of you being sprayed by Lex Luthor’s blood a few days ago, he insisted that you go through the maximum quarantine period to make sure that you are completely healthy before exposing your germs to the colonists.”
Maximum quarantine. That's likely three weeks (or at least I'm going by the recent Ebola quarantine measures which have things at about 22 days or a little over three weeks).

“Excuse me!” Lois growled. “S.T.A.R. Labs cleared me as being illness-free! How am I supposed to interview people and see how life is onboard the Space Station if I’m locked in this twenty foot room? How can I write my article?”
Perry: I know it's not your usual style, but you could write on the experience of weightlessness. The sense of solitude. etc. I bet you'd be in the mood.

Angelo shrugged, and said, “Only if we can find a landing window in Nevada at that time. It might end up being three or four weeks due to weather or atmospheric conditions or delays. There’s a reason EPRAD doesn’t like changes to the schedule.”

One week away from Clark and her life was doable, but three to four weeks in this sardine can? Lois gulped. If she had wanted to live like this, she could have taken Luthor up on his bunker offer during Nightfall.
So yes, you did say up to a month away. Can't fudge on that one!

Ok, ok, so I'm clarifying my first comment. I'm expecting Clark to stay away as Superman after his disapproval of her Superman-propelled launch. I can't imagine him coming up with a plausible reason (short of EPRAD deciding they want that shuttle back earlier than the landing window).

Last edited by Christina; 10/14/14 08:54 AM. Reason: to clarify

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)