Originally Posted by bakasi
I didn't leave feedback, yet. Shame on me. I thoroughly enjoy your story. It was fun watching Lois to try and set Clark up.
Thanks. And it's nice to know you are reading.

Having him care for her in this part was very sweet. But all the time I hoped he would finally get the chance to confess.
He wanted to confess, too. But he didn't feel right doing it while she was ill.

Oh man, this is just another one of those examples were Lois and Clark dance around each other, seemingly never managing to get what they both want. This is so in character, its amazing smile
*nods* Yup. Classic Lois and Clark. grin

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Lois stood outside the airport - new phone in one hand, suitcase in the other - and dialled Clark’s number for the fifth time.
Oh boy. Someone’s not going to be happy.
You think?

“Clark. I left you a message when I was setting off to the airport, then when I got to the airport, then when I landed and twice since. Where are you?
Maybe he got run over by a car?
Then landed in a dumpster and the sky went dark?

her soaking wet clothing clinging to her curves,
evil White blouse?
rotflol

“I’m ...” she faltered. “Just, a little woozy.” She shook her head. “Go on. You have four minutes left!” she said roughly. Then she swayed a little and Clark grabbed on tighter. “Ooooo!” came a soft sound from her mouth. “That’s not good.” She reached up to grab onto Clark then collapsed.
Oh boy. So…concussion or did he already get her pregnant?
Um. I think that kind of pregnancy only happened once in history. Abut 2000 years ago.

I should have noticed before. Her glassy eyes and red cheeks. She’s soaking wet through.

He gently lifted her into his arms and carried her through to the bedroom, again bringing forth a memory of that night.
Hmm…her wet clothes could be an issue. Now, how could he solve that problem…?
Does he WANT to solve it? You already pointed out the benefits of wearing a white blouse!

the rest of him knew full well what the wrath of Lois tasted like.
Strawberries?
lol Um, I don't think so. I think it would be compared to something a little more bitter ... or hot!

“Okay, escapology is coming off my CV,” she quipped at herself.
shock rotflol
It was comedy! She doesn't really have it on her CV.

The rush of sound in her ears and the light-headed feeling made her lose her balance and she slid to the floor grabbing onto the bath for support.

And that’s where Clark found her five minutes later.
Things aren’t looking up, are they?
Well, he's just found the woman he loves almost naked!!!!!

But then again she's collapsed on the bathroom floor and doesn't seem to be up to any *you know*.

The fact that Clark seemed oblivious did send a stab of disappointment through her for a moment though.
Well…she *is* on her deathbed, so…
Hey. It's only Lois that thinks he's oblivious to her near nakedness. In reality Clark ... notices everything.

What does my gut tell me?

Her stomach growled and gurgled at her.

It tells me that Clark’s taking too long with that sandwich.
lol She’s feeling better!
Definitely

She’d never give up on work for more than a day or two, even if she was at death’s door.
So, how will they manage a two-week honeymoon?
LOIS: Umm…I’ll do an intensive investigative piece on alien physiology?
Sound like a fantastic investigation. Will the DP publish anything about aliens? Or will the two weeks end up being a complete bust?

I can set the scene, give her a lovely evening out ... then drop a bombshell on her. Clark groaned in his head. This is just going to be a disaster.
No, the true disaster will be when he gets called away during the date.
lol

Clark! She said ‘night Clark’. She hasn’t called me ‘Farmboy’ since we got engaged.
Yeah, well, she doesn’t want to be a farmgirl. Or, possibly, a farmer’s wife.
lol Just for those of you who missed it ... it's turned into an affectionate name over the 8 years, rather than an insult. Lois uses it to convey her ... *friendship* ... to Clark. And Clark kind of knows this. But he only thinks of it as friendship. We know that Lois called him that because she was in love. Yet she stopped when they got engaged! Anyone figure out why?

“Lois, how can you not see it? Either of you." His voice was soft, almost a whisper, with a disbelieving tone.

"See what?"

"What you two mean to each other.”
laugh
LOIS: Of course. He sees me as a friend.
CLARK: Sure, sir. I’m the friend she needs.
PERRY: wallbash
With the amount of hair he's losing over these two I think we need a hair pulling smiley for Perry rather than wallbash!

Perry can’t possibly be right. But what if he is? What if we both want this wedding as much as each other?
Then they’d need a big honeymoon bed instead of two twins?
Yup. *nods*

Maybe if she knew what he expected then she could phrase how she told him appropriately.

“So, how is this marriage going to work then, Clark?”
CLARK: Well…you know…those 50s TV shows where the husband and wife sleep in separate beds…?
LOIS: *frowns concerned* Yeah?
CLARK: Well I was thinking we could set up the guest room that way. For when your folks visit.

grin

“You know. Living arrangements, intimacy, finances, hobbies, vacations.”
clap How she’s slipping the intimacy in there in between.
Oh yeah. Very subtle Lois!

“Forever!” she whispered out. Perry’s wrong, came the inner scared child. Suddenly it was all too much for her. She jumped up. “I can’t do this.” Flight mode had suddenly switched on again.
Oh boy. She’s feeling better dizzy
Better? I wouldn't class this as better!

Clark looked up at her. “What?” He stood.

“I can’t marry you, Clark.”
Makes sound like balloon after being pierced by needle.
lol Yeah, Clark's heart just deflated.

“Why are you so sure it won’t?” he asked vehemently.

“Because I’m completely in love with you,” she shouted back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
shock You… shock You… shock
Sorry, did I not warn you about the 3/4 mark cliffhanger? I'm sure I did. grin

Well, I'm kind of thinking about it cause I go away for a week next Saturday.
[Linked Image]
So is this a vote for quicker posting? Or a worry that I won't post while I'm away?

Well, sorry but my time got away from me, and stuff kept me from posting, so I'm gonna stick to original schedule as I wouldn't get it done before Saturday now, even if I did a chapter a night. Internet is available on holiday and my laptop is going with me.

Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Um nope. You might be surprised how many parts it takes.

Again not me, so far since he has decided to tell her about his secret identity: she has been blown up in a building, he has had an earthquake in China block him from picking her up at the airport, she has caught the flu, and has now declared she can't marry him because she is completely in love with him.
Yeah but the interruptions have to stop as some point. I can't keep them going indefinitely or we won't get to the end of the story! So, as I repeat ... you might be surprised how many parts till the secrets are out!

All that occurred in 5 chapters and you only have 5 left so he has got to get with the program sometime but first he has to defuse the 'in love' issue which is (I believe) only an issue because Lois does not know that Clark is really in love with her also, she thinks it is only one sided and that would not work in a marriage (she would be right there). Time for Clark to at least begin to come clean but knowing your RomCom timing it also must be time for another Superman rescue...

Mike
lol You've got it right. Lois only thinks it wouldn't work cause she thinks she's the only one in love.

Lets see. The next Superman rescue ... is actually NOT in the next chapter!!!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."