Originally Posted by Mike M
Actually not for me. Just Lois being Lois, I mean she and Clark are talking along during the Hot Match Wild Card date discussing the ins and outs of the pact situation and she just blurts “Okay, then. You’re on. As of this moment we are officially engaged.” out of the blue so why not “Because I’m completely in love with you,” just as she is bolting rotflol ?
Okay, so you saw it coming from a mile off then. Yup Lois is well known for blurting out without thinking.

I am loving the story and the only thing seemly forced in the chapter was Perry's declaration
I admit that getting the flow of this scene was difficult. I knew Perry needed to say something. If you read again he never actually says they are in love with each other, he mentions that 'they don't realise what they mean to each other', after saying that Clark would walk on water for her (which was a direct LnC quote grin).

but as I have said before these two always seem to need some outside force to push them into moving forward in their relationship.
Absolutely!!

You claimed initially of a much different dynamic between the two in your universe but in much of the past several chapters the dynamic is almost the normal Lois and Clark dynamic we are used to seeing.
Yes. They start with a different dynamic due to it being 8 years of friendship. But it's been changing!

I guess you have to move that way if you are to actually get them to the alter in 5 more chapters...

Mike
Well. You'll see some typical behavior from Lois and Clark. And maybe some not quite so typical.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
"Our marriage wouldn't work because I'm completely in love with you..." Yup, that's a perfect RomCom Lois sentiment.
laugh

I'm looking forward to seeing Clark's reaction to that bit of Lois logic,
Any predictions as to what it will be?

and am wondering what other bumps there will be in the road.
Lets just say that the bumps from now on are ... more like 'road calming measures' rather than hills or mountains.

Clark's two secrets need to be told, obviously, and Lois will need to regroup after having learned them, but that alone probably wouldn't take five more story parts.
Um nope. You might be surprised how many parts it takes.

I guess I'll find out over the course of the next two-and-a-half weeks. (Unless, of course, you could be encouraged to speed up the posting schedule? grovel No? Didn't think so. Ah, well. It was worth a try.)

Joy,
Lynn
Well, I'm kind of thinking about it cause I go away for a week next Saturday. There is an internet connection, but ... I'm considering it.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."