Lois stood outside the airport - new phone in one hand, suitcase in the other - and dialled Clark’s number for the fifth time.
Oh boy. Someone’s not going to be happy.

“Clark. I left you a message when I was setting off to the airport, then when I got to the airport, then when I landed and twice since. Where are you?
Maybe he got run over by a car?

“Oh. Supposed to pick you up, was he?” he asked conversationally.

“Mmm hmmm,” she replied.
CLARK: She never *told* me to!

She dropped to the couch and hung her head. “Just when I thought it would be a good idea to tell him how I really feel.”
Oh boy.

“Well, he doesn’t deserve to know.”
Oh boy.

I guess this is also when I find out if she wants to end it. The way she talked ... the things she said in that last phone call from Coast City. And now, my failure to pick her up can’t have helped.
So, our resident lunkhead will take her clues and decide that she’s not interested in him after all basically because she doesn’t know and is mad at him?

her soaking wet clothing clinging to her curves,
evil White blouse?

“Where the heck were you?” she shouted at him then sneezed.
laugh

“All right, you have five minutes. And it better be a superb explanation, because, Kent, you are in the dog house at the moment.”
Did I already say ‘oh boy’?

She was shouting so loudly that Clark could see her body shaking.
[Linked Image]

“I’m ...” she faltered. “Just, a little woozy.” She shook her head. “Go on. You have four minutes left!” she said roughly. Then she swayed a little and Clark grabbed on tighter. “Ooooo!” came a soft sound from her mouth. “That’s not good.” She reached up to grab onto Clark then collapsed.
Oh boy. So…concussion or did he already get her pregnant?

I should have noticed before. Her glassy eyes and red cheeks. She’s soaking wet through.

He gently lifted her into his arms and carried her through to the bedroom, again bringing forth a memory of that night.
Hmm…her wet clothes could be an issue. Now, how could he solve that problem…?
CLARK: [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
ER: No! That’s not what you do. Superpowers only *after* you told her the secret. You will just have to manage like every other hapless chap and undress her before stuffing her under the blanket.

the rest of him knew full well what the wrath of Lois tasted like.
Strawberries?

“Um, could you help me out of ... um!”
hyper

Clark raised his eyebrows. Lois had gone from blazing hot anger to quiet shyness. Something was definitely up. She was ill.
rotflol

“Okay, escapology is coming off my CV,” she quipped at herself.
shock rotflol

The rush of sound in her ears and the light-headed feeling made her lose her balance and she slid to the floor grabbing onto the bath for support.

And that’s where Clark found her five minutes later.
Things aren’t looking up, are they?

The fact that Clark seemed oblivious did send a stab of disappointment through her for a moment though.
Well…she *is* on her deathbed, so…

And she knew that there would be a true reason, not just a pathetic excuse, why he failed to pick her up.
CLARK: Umm…you know that blonde bombshell neighbor I have?
LOIS: Uh-huh?
CLARK: Well…you see…she had this video that was almost going to be overdue and she asked me to return it for her…

And she knew that there would be a true reason, not just a pathetic excuse, why he failed to pick her up.
thud Having a man is making her weak?

Clark’s brain suddenly began buzzing with ideas. He wanted to tell her he loved her but knew that now was not the time so he settled for trying to get some answers on the wedding.
And he’s not considering that Lois’s wishes for a wedding of love might be different from a platonic one?

He felt his body humming with tension every time he was near her.
Did you ever happen to watch “What Planet Are You From”?

What does my gut tell me?

Her stomach growled and gurgled at her.

It tells me that Clark’s taking too long with that sandwich.
lol She’s feeling better!

She’d never give up on work for more than a day or two, even if she was at death’s door.
So, how will they manage a two-week honeymoon?
LOIS: Umm…I’ll do an intensive investigative piece on alien physiology?

“Clark,” she said, not moving her gaze one iota from the television. “I refer you back to answer one from two nights ago.
clap

I can set the scene, give her a lovely evening out ... then drop a bombshell on her. Clark groaned in his head. This is just going to be a disaster.
No, the true disaster will be when he gets called away during the date.

Clark! She said ‘night Clark’. She hasn’t called me ‘Farmboy’ since we got engaged.
Yeah, well, she doesn’t want to be a farmgirl. Or, possibly, a farmer’s wife.

“Lois, how can you not see it? Either of you." His voice was soft, almost a whisper, with a disbelieving tone.

"See what?"

"What you two mean to each other.”
laugh
LOIS: Of course. He sees me as a friend.
CLARK: Sure, sir. I’m the friend she needs.
PERRY: wallbash

Perry can’t possibly be right. But what if he is? What if we both want this wedding as much as each other?
Then they’d need a big honeymoon bed instead of two twins?

Perry can’t possibly be right. But what if he is? What if we both want this wedding as much as each other?
Huh, something’s up?

Maybe if she knew what he expected then she could phrase how she told him appropriately.

“So, how is this marriage going to work then, Clark?”
CLARK: Well…you know…those 50s TV shows where the husband and wife sleep in separate beds…?

“You know. Living arrangements, intimacy, finances, hobbies, vacations.”
clap How she’s slipping the intimacy in there in between.

“Forever!” she whispered out. Perry’s wrong, came the inner scared child. Suddenly it was all too much for her. She jumped up. “I can’t do this.” Flight mode had suddenly switched on again.
Oh boy. She’s feeling better dizzy

Clark looked up at her. “What?” He stood.

“I can’t marry you, Clark.”
Makes sound like balloon after being pierced by needle.

“Why are you so sure it won’t?” he asked vehemently.

“Because I’m completely in love with you,” she shouted back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
shock You… shock You… shock

Well, I'm kind of thinking about it cause I go away for a week next Saturday.
[Linked Image]

Also, with the other FDK, will their actual wanting to consume their honeymoon be expressed in a similar fashion to Lois’s previous outbursts?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.