they felt it could leave people out or make writers feel bad if their preferred type of fic wasn't being listed, imagine how writers will feel when they find out their work -- a true labor of love to some people -- is the least favorite among readers.
I think, if we go by your opinion, we ought to remove Kerth Awards, Feedbacks, not to mention Polls like this, perhaps every discussion in this forum, because somewhere somehow someone is going to be hurt (just as I'm hurt by the way you've been constantly criticizing *me* and *not just my poll* even after I've admitted that my poll has drawbacks!!!)

Maybe this forum should accept just stories (like so many forums I know) and let the FDKs be mailed to the author privately, if good authors like you react like this!
I am guessing you either don't mind or haven't learned from the backlash that come up with your first poll
I'm even starting to wonder if you've been mad at me for sometime and something else altogether (such as continuing a game of HANGMAN in your turn!!!) confused because other people *have* criticized, but not so strongly!!!
Writing and posting fic is basically putting your heart on paper -- and putting aside your vulnerability to allow others to judge it.
I agree (for the first time goofy ). So you do agree you post a story to allow others to judge it.

What if they don't think it's *good*?

Maybe, it's not happened to you, but many of us here have written stories with just one/two good FDKs, so you think we should stop writing? Because I'm sure my stories are never going to be popular as so-and-so's.
if people didn't react well to a favorite-genre poll
This poll has received 39 votes so far and not all have criticized!

EDITOR JAX, can you possibly list out your problems with this poll? Because I'm so dense that I still don't get it! You wanted me to add a column for Hot/Steamy stuff because your stories fall under that category and you're mad at me for accidentally leaving it off?

MY OPINION:
I still think this poll will benefit most budding authors and let them know what sort of stories will be welcome by most readers!

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time