If we're trying to list fanfic by genre, then it seems to me that nfic is a fairly logical addition to the list.
Well, I actually thought of putting just GFic stories into the list and omit the Nfic category (The-so-much-criticized-"Erotic") completely because there are so many readers out there who don't have the eligibility or inclination to read/register-for the NFic stories. And it simply wouldn't have made sense to include an option which many people cannot vote for!

But as an afterthought, I *just* included it. I didn't think that so many people are going to be mad at the my definition of "erotic", not did I think "Lemme insult those authors who write such stories!"

So basically I don't think I was wrong in coming up with 18 or so categories, just because I omitted one or two (albeit major) category - Hot/Sexy/Steamy stuff and one for Elseworld - others!

And I still believe that most (if not all) stories fall under the ones I've written there. If you people still don't think its not worth it - I mean, a lot of people (GFic readers) are going to be satisfied with just the other 17 categories out there - I'm ready to ask the mods to close the poll and begin a new one with those additions!

Or perhaps I should completely exclude the "erotic" and add another option for "Elseworld - others" and make this a completely GFic poll with a huge banner saying:
"I'm sorry if I've left out any category. I don't mean to insult the authors who wrote such stories, just that my brain wasn't active enough to remember to include them! And another huge sorry for any definition that doesn't seem good enough to you."
huh

I think it could make some people feel bad about their preferred genre of writing of people start rating it low and/or with comments that could hurt feelings.
I think even FEEDBACKS do that! You see numbers there beside your story FDK, don't you? So are we gonna go remove that FDK option and keep the archive empty just like so many other boards (which I'd hate to do)?

Besides most authors would have realized by now what sort of stories would be welcome to the FoLCs out there to feel so disappointed by the voting results. Instead I think it gives them information about the general idea of popular categories! Not that the others are any less, nor have I implied anywhere that the omitted/ low-ranking categories aren't worthy!

So I probably should start a poll as well asking people to vote whether they want me to close down this poll! confused

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time