Haha. I just voted and it tied it 23-23.

I voted HTML b/c I find it easier on the eyes. I've read at different places that use different formats and colours.

I used to like the plain text format, but I miss the italics and there is often erros in the achive files that jolt me out of my reading or make me do a double take on the sentence I just read. Also, I find it a bit annoying that I have to adjust it so I can print. I have not thought of an easier way that copying it all into Word or somthing.

The txt format is hard to print. I'll be the first to raise my hand and say I was in the middle of a great fic and then was asked to go somewhere with my boyfriend. So, I have printed off a bunch of the fanfic pages and taken them with me to read on the trip. The txt versions don't scroll across the whole screen (if this makes sense) and thus uses more paper. So I have gone and found the original forum posts of the story just to be able to take up less paper.
That's happened to me many times when I first started out.

I prefer HTML. I like colours. I prefer a darker back ground and I'm not a fan of white or bright colours. I LOVE the look of Annesplace but now I find it difficult on the eyes frown I have my monitor on the darkest setting (brightness).

I don't have to worry about downloading or converting files to read. I either print it off (which I want to stop and get something electronic) or carry my laptop around with me.

Hmmm, I hope I said that right.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.