{looks around} Hoping that wasn't me...
I have a tendency to forget that people don't understand techy stuff as well as I do.
Nope, Lara, your explanations have been clear and concise. Otherwise, I'd never email you and ask dumb questions.

Oh, no, no, no. Writers don't do anything. The Archive does. All the writer has to do is submit the story as normal. Except that they can use italics, bold, whatever. The Archive would convert the files to HTML before uploading.
I'm like Lara. How is that going to change the look of my fic? Maybe some would think that's just a silly thing, but I also don't want my fic to end up looking differently. It might be okay if the author approved the look first. I know I'd be mighty cranky though, if my fic was loaded with strange colors. I also hate reading fics with strange colors, and there have been a few that I just haven't read because of the headaches that the weird colors can produce. Sometimes if the fic seems really good, I'll convert it to text, but sometimes that doesn't work very well so it's just not worth it. And would the author still have a choice of fonts? I have vision problems, also, and some of them are a bear to read.

Darcy, about a month ago, I would agreed with you on the rtf. But since then, I've had a couple of betas sent to me that I haven't been able to open. I have no idea why, but that would be a bummer.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~