Well, first off, I'm sitting here shaking my head at myself.

I think this may have something to do with your computer settings. My TXT documents don't show up as courier unless I *change* the font. I also don't like courier. My comes up as something called Lucinda console. You have several options to choose from. Now, when I first tried the internet, I found fan fic at the same time (1998). Then my files *did* show up as courier. But then I played around and changed my settings. And that old computer is the one that I've been using until the last couple of weeks, and it also shows up as lucinda console.
goofy Now I've got macros set up like Pam does--reformats a whole fic for me in seconds with a simple keystroke. laugh (Hey, Pam, I've got the font changes and margin changes included in my macros. wink )

And after going through all that, and having gotten used to the way things have been... I'm actually thinking I should have voted to keep the text. :rolleyes: Not to mention there's old custom of using asterisks to *emphasize* words. It'd be a shame to lose that, no? Or am I just being an old fuddy-duddy? :p

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.