I list missionary work on my resume, because I learned so much (including another language), and I think it's important part of my background. You'd be surprised how many people have actually asked me what church I did this with (against the law in the States).
My husband's been looking for work lately, and the advice he got was, anything you've done for a church should be written down on your resume as "non-profit organization." If they ask you about it in an interview, you can choose how much to reveal, but you won't get it tossed in the trash immediately just because you're a religious nut wink

I never used to worry about being Googled. I've used my real name in lots of places. When I started looking for work, it did concern me a bit -- but then I figured, I haven't done anything to be ashamed of, and besides, my name's all over everything so it's too late to try to cover it up now laugh

Actually, on my resume, under volunteer, I put organizing the Kerth awards -- which, if you didn't know, are a peer-based award system for an online amateur author's group. wink It was fun thinking up all the wording.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K