I don't know enough about the situation to know how it all came to light. I do know that her LJ username was nothing like her real name (which I also know thanks to email correspondence). Somehow, and I have no idea how, her LJ was linked to her real identity - it's possible that she uses the same nick in different places, as I do - I suppose it wouldn't be difficult at all to put together that Wendymr is the person whose full name is on the Fanfic Archive and who is also applying for X positions, and then is also the person active on Live Journal in other respects. Though, yes, it would require a fair bit of searching. So I can only see it as having happened at a very late stage in a process - perhaps when she was on the point of being offered a job.

As I said, I don't know the details. But, as a general point, employment counsellors and employment agencies in North America are now warning people that online activity may be examined and could harm them in getting a job. Which I think is totally ridiculous in the case of 99% of those active online, but there you go. :rolleyes:

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*