I don't worry about being googled because of my involvement in FoLC-dom.

What I DO worry about is being googled because of my involvement in the BtVS and Harry Potter fandoms--those are kind of embarrassing (BtVS more than HP--I actually LIKE HP, but got tired of it after the 6th book came out--I'll be going back to it temporarily after book 7, but I'll still be here!).

I've used the same nick in all three fandoms, which came about as an inside joke with one of my best friends from high school at lunch during my Junior or Senior year.

The first two letters are my first and last initials, and I use the same nick for my LiveJournal, MySpace, etc. so it's kind of a given that I'm not anonymous anymore.

Not to mention, I tell EVERYBODY that my first name is Darcy--which is not at all a common name, and especially not as a girl's first name (although I do know another girl named Darcie).

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place