As for the 'cute' - I've never really thought that, but a lot probably depends on what your first exposure is.
Cute as in childish, immature, not weird as in having snakes for pets, or writing newsletters for bsdm groups. Or so I would have thought a year ago.

Does it really take tremendous insight to look at a novel-length story - or collection of stories - and determine that the author spent a great deal of time on it?
OK. I concede that is a reasonable assumption, if you look at say Wendy’s portfolio. But some people can write a novel in practically no time and I don’t believe that someone who never tried serious writing can accurately judge the time, and some fanfic novels take years to produce so on a weekly basis, it doesn’t necessarily have to be that time consuming.
And most people have some leisure activity that consume great parts of their free time, like say golfing.

Or a LiveJournal that's updated daily and contains lengthy conversations with a huge f-list? Or a name on a message board with 2000 posts appended to it?
Well there is that. I was just thinking of the stories as such. An depending on the job even those kind of things could have their advantages.
Those job recruiters I know of barely have time to read your resume, unless you have a very sensitive position I doubt many recruiters will score message boards they never heard about, to get an accurate picture of your hobbies.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...