It makes me wonder how non-partisan FactCheck really is, or if Fox News is that biased towards McCain and Palin.
I guess the usual disclaimer would be that naturally, Factcheck, Politifact and the Washington Post's factchecker are not perfect. They get corrected and updated quite a bit (how often can you say that about editorials, articles, though), which is why it's good to keep checking them and to email them when something is off. My own experience has been seeing stuff getting worked out and corrected on partisan sites (left and right) waaaay before it hits any of the non-partisan sites.

Still, I think mistakes and a lack of non-partisanship are two different things (disclaimer: not saying anyone went there).

Also I'm not sure the coverage of one debate is convincing enough to challenge Factcheck's neutrality. By neutrality, I need to state, I mean in comparison to other sources where partisanship is more frequently questioned. Fox being a case in point.

I'll say it--it's difficult for me to disregard Factcheck in favor of an editorial by a known conservative writer on Fox (how much are conservatives inclined to trust NYT's Paul Krugman?). I imagine if I cited Media Matters to refute the errors Factcheck found in Obama-Biden speeches, others would be equally skeptical.

I've actually heard of Factcheck being accused of being biased before, by the right. Interestingly enough, some from the left have accused Politifact of partisanship as well. And Washington Post's Dodd, gets regularly slammed by pretty much everyone.

Let me put it this way: I just can't imagine doubting any other sources less than I doubt these, especially not in this polarized environment. YMMV

dizzy

On Pro-McCain/Palin bias on Fox:

If the latter is true, it would be the first time I've noted it, since the commentators on the network spend much of their air time telling McCain what he's doing wrong.
Oh? Really? As for me, I\'m not so sure Fox lives up to its slogan

Don't get me wrong it was my impression though that commentators on Fox did criticize McCain in last night's debate, but to me it had echoes to how conservatives have criticized him as well. So imo, it has very little to do with fair and balanced. As I said before, a person's milleage might vary.

alcyone (who cannot wait for the election to be over so she can go back to getting her news from TDS)

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png