Oh on the comment that the rich supply all the jobs, that's true for the private sector. You wanted me to respond to that, so I will.

The point is that you don't get jobs from poor people. By taking money away from the rich, you're killing jobs. Even you have to concede that because it's simple common sense. If an employer has less money, he'll spend less and that means fewer jobs. And that's the point I'm making.

Sure, the government does supply jobs. But no one in a capitalist country will say that the health of the government sector at the expense of the private sector is what's needed to keep an economy going. It's the private sector that matters, not government. I don't have a problem with government getting additional revenue due to growth in the economy, but by taxing it away by raising taxes, you're hurting the private sector.

Or would you be happier if government supplied all the jobs and the private sector withered away? You are from Sweden, though, so who knows? Seeing I go to Sweden every year and know a ton of Swedes who believe government is the end-all, be-all of everything, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you did, but I won't assume you do.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin