Well, I seriously missed this goal last year. I didn't even break 20 books! Hopefully, I'll do better, and stick to fiction this time. (It was the non-fiction which caught me last year, since I spent many months reading one book, and only just finished it today.) Here's the list of 15½ books I read in 2007 (in alphabetical order by title, since I didn't keep a chronological list):

• The 38 Most Common Fiction Writing Mistakes (And How to Avoid Them) by Jack M. Bickham
  • Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy -- this one took me two months to read, even though I read as much as I could as often as I could. Before the last book I read last year, this was the longest it had ever taken me to read a book, followed only by Little Women, which only took me two weeks. Now, it's the book that took the 2nd-longest amount of time.
  • The Catteni Cycle by Anne McCaffrey (I can't remember if I have the order right here or not, but there are four books in the cycle):
    </font><ul type="square">
  • Freedom's Landing
  • Freedom's Choice
  • Freedom's Challenge
  • Freedom's Ransom

[*]The entire Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling (YAY for DH!):
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Sorry, I'm American, so my book says "Sorcerer.")
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

</font></li>
[*]How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy
by Orson Scott Card
[*]Winter Rose by Patricia A. McKillip (this was actually the first book I read last year)
[*]Plot by Ansen Dibell (half last year, half this year) -- I had a reason to finish this book (I wanted to start reading a book that was mentioned in OSC's book that I listed above, but wanted to finish Plot before I started a fiction novel), but just could not find the motivation to finish reading this book in a timely manner, despite the promise of something much more interesting afterward! It was rather frustrating, actually.</ul><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
I also started reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui, but I'm not counting that as actual reading, because a) I haven't even wanted to finish it in months, and b) it's on my PDA.

And now, to start on my 2008 reading!

ETA: By the way, JoJo, was that the first time you'd read [i]Dragonflight,
or had you read it before? Have you read any of the rest of the Pern series? I've read the whole thing (plus anything else I've been able to get my hands on by Anne McCaffrey, and I absolutely adore it! I have to say though, that Anne McCaffrey is only my second favorite author, but she comes in very close after Orson Scott Card. smile

GRR! The board keeps adding stupid HTML font tags to my post, and whenever I try to edit them out, they just keep showing up again!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place