I'd be like you and LabRat, mmouse, except for a certain thing that I did a couple years ago.

It was spring break from my college, and I decided I wanted to re-read the entire Dragonriders of Pern series. So, I started reading. I read, and I read, and I read. I read 8 books in 8 days before I started to feel a little burned out.

I didn't finish the series again until after school was back in session, but I think the pressure that I'd put on myself to read that series so fast kind of turned me off of reading any book for more than a couple hours/chapters at a time.

Now, I have to switch between fanfic, actual books, and other activities frequently, or I just have no motivation to do anything whatsoever.

Add to that the fact that I read Anna Karenina as this year's second book for me. That book took a TON of concentration, so I had to be fully awake mentally to be able to read and comprehend what was going on in the book.

So, I spent even less time every day reading than usual. It took me two months to read it, which is currently my record for the longest time taken to read a book--Little Women comes in second, with only two weeks.

Anyway, while I would normally be able to read more than fifty books in one year (or at least I could before Spring 2004), I'm not so sure I can do it anymore, considering it's already April and I've only read four (I finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets yesterday) so far.

Oh, and as for the cataloguing books at LibraryThing? I have 518, and not including the 30 or so I'd catalogued before I moved, it only took me 2-3 days to catalogue them all.

But then, I have a laptop, so I was able to take the computer up to my room and watch TV while I did my cataloguing from the bed.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place