See, CC, this is why I know we were twins separated at birth. You have that same ability that I do to justify anything!! There simply has to be some explanation that we can come up with why Clark would ever do anything as bone-headed (pardon the pun) as sleep with Lana.

And this goes back to me saying that I would have been quite satisfied with a Season 1/2 Clark/Lana pairing. As Clark struggles to ignore all of these strange powers that keep cropping up, trying desperately to hold on to the idea that he is really "normal", he grasps on to Lana because she personifies the normal small-town, cheerleader dream-girl. She is apple pie-average, as anti-alien as you could get.

Then, as Clark comes to accept that he is not normal, he gives up on the things of his past, including Lana. And he moves on to the more complex world where Lois awaits.

So I'm riding the train right along side of you.

What makes this so incredibly sad is that the Clark/Lana deal could have been sweet. It could have been something that made me say "Aaaww! Look, how sweet they are together. I'm so glad Clark has someone..." Except they backed into this so slowly, so tentatively and after so much crappola, it just makes me roll my eyes.

So I guess that I'm with Carol on this point. They are trying to sell Lana as Clark's Great Love. But we all know that Lois is waiting for Clark in the future and that she's truly his soul mate, thus Lana is really no more than his high school crush/first boyhood love. To add insult to injury, if they want us to at least sort of buy the idea that this Clark/Lana relationship is True Love and Oh-So-Marvelous, they should give us something a heck of a lot better than zero-chemistry and flat motivation. If they want me to buy the horse, they'd better hide the fact that it's no more than a donkey.

Now all I want is for him to dump Lana's butt and for the sparks to fly with Lois. I'm the type that likes extreme passion and combustion for a couple. Since Lana and Clark have that in the negative - never have I seen two actors with less chemistry - I can only hope that before this is all over, something sparks with Lois. Even a hint would be okay.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah