I know this is gonna sound weird, but I actually thought this was one of the better episodes I've seen in a while.

*waits for the tomato-throwing to stop*

Okay, I know that there was no Lois, no Clark&Lois, and about a million times more Clark&Lana than anyone but the Smallville PTB could stomache watching, but the ep had it's good points too. Clark&Chloe, the Pete reference, Clark&Chloe, no whiney tears from Lana, Clark&Chloe, and did I menion Clark&Chloe? How cute were those two? It reminded me so much of our Lois & Clark, breaking and entering, using brains instead of always brawn, etc. And how cute was it that Chloe was kinda mad that Pete knew? I loved it!

As for Clark and Lana, I actually have two good things to say about them:

1) Lana didn't cry. She went the whole episode without a single angsty glance. If a little sex from Clark is all it takes to stop her whining and crying, I'm almost for it. Almost.

2) This is the beginning of the end for them. It's The WB. Teen couples don't stay together long. They'll be broken up as soon as Clark gets his powers back, which I'm guessing he's going to want back when he realizes that he can't always protect his loved ones without his powers.

All in all, this ep had an air of the first season in it. It felt like the show did back when it was a great premise that had the potential for being something really cool, but wasn't quite there yet.

~Anna