it messes with the premise that Lois Lane is the great love of Clark Kent's life, ( a premise present not only in L & : TNAOS but also in the Chris Reeves movies and in the comics.)
I haven't seen the episode yet -- it's currently on my DVR -- but I like to be prepared so I peeked in here. (And now I know to carry an airsick bag to the couch for the Lana scenes wink , but like CC, I want Chloe to be Lois because they *so* have the same dynamic as our L&C!)

But I did want to correct Carol's assumption above that Lois Lane is the one and only true love of Clark's life in every incarnation of Superman except for Smallville. Lois is clearly Clark's destiny, but L&C was actually the only one that emphasized Lois as Clark's *first and only* true love.

In both the CR movies and in the comics (both Silver Age and current incarnation), Clark had other loves before Lois. The comics, especially (which I consider to take precedence over the movies/television when it comes to things like establishing base canon) had Clark falling in love with, and even getting engaged to, other women before Lois. (Lori Lemaris, anyone?)

Now granted, this is why I vastly prefer L&C over any other incarnation of Superman. The fact that L&C have that great once-in-a-lifetime love is why I became so involved with the show. But it's just not true to say that Lois is Clark's "first and only" true love in all incarnations of Superman except for Smallville.

Believe me, there is plenty to dislike about Lana, and Clark's baffling obsession with her, without pulling out Superman canon. <vbg>

Kathy