Oh, sorry. I think I mis-spoke. Actually, no one said ickle wasn't just a form of 'ittle. I just thought perhaps it meant something different. Apparently my first assumption was correct. wink

This morning I remembered another thing. I don't know what this is called, but I've noticed that UK English adds the word done when US English leaves it off. Best way I can explain is by example:

UK way:

"Clark," Lois said, "you should have spoken to me before you submitted our story to Perry."

"I would have done," he replied, "but you were busy macking Dan Scardino in the broom closet."

Immediately Clark wished he hadn't made that remark about Lois and Dan, because now she looked angry. He wouldn't have done, but after the grief she'd given him about Mason, he figured he owed her a few.

US way

"Clark," Lois said, "you should have spoken to me before you submitted our story to Perry."

"I would have," he replied, "but you were busy macking Dan Scardino in the broom closet."

Clark wished he hadn't made that remark about Lois and Dan, because now she looked angry. He wouldn't have, but after the grief she'd given him about Mason, he figured he owed her a few.

Funny thing the other night. Ken and I were watching the movie Timeline which features Scottish actor Gerard Butler. He said something, and Ken actually asked me where I thought he was from. The guy's Scottish brogue was so thick you could cut it with a butter knife, and I couldn't believe Ken couldn't figure out he was from Scotland. Ken told me he often has trouble discerning an Irish accent from a Scottish one from and English one. Completely baffles me!! They almost sound like different languages to my ear.
wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah