Originally posted by Sue S.:
It would be WILDLY out of character for Clark to force himself on Lois, especially when he knows she's been drugged. But I've never seen what he did in PML as forcing himself on her. My reading then (and now) of that scene is that he was going to kiss her. I never thought it would get any further than that. When I say he's reached his breaking point, I'm talking about how he's valiantly resisted the temptation to kiss her for the past 48 hours. Under no circumstances did I think he'd push for much more than that.
I have to say that it is unclear. Especially since one earlier scene can almost be seen as Lois kissing Clark off stage.

However, we do not see them kiss at all in this episode, until Lois kisses Superman. I think though that would lead to assume that is all Clark intends.

I think the Clark has given in to kissing Lois, but is so patient that he does not even presume to kiss him, but gives her a chance to say no to his kissing her, works.

For one thing, if he intended to do more, and was just trying to give a last minute cover of giving her one last chance to say no, he would have kissed her and asked if she wanted to do more, not touched her side and asked for more. I think that he does not kiss her says he at least does not plan on stopping being a very patient man.

Whether he would have been able to stop at just kissing with a half-naked and fully willing Lois in his arms in his bedroom is another story, but I think he planned to stop at kissing.

John Pack Lambert