Originally posted by Sue S.:
I get what you're saying, Mrs. M, but I think we're going to have to agree that we're viewing the same scene very differently.
Yes, it seems that that's the crux of our disagreement.

It would be WILDLY out of character for Clark to force himself on Lois, especially when he knows she's been drugged.
I'm a little horrified that you might have thought I was saying he was after more. shock
I'm glad we're on the same page here. I was a little horrified myself that you seemed to be condoning his sleeping with her.

But I've never seen what he did in PML as forcing himself on her. My reading then (and now) of that scene is that he was going to kiss her. I never thought it would get any further than that. When I say he's reached his breaking point, I'm talking about how he's valiantly resisted the temptation to kiss her for the past 48 hours. Under no circumstances did I think he'd push for much more than that.
My reasoning is that Lois is acting like she's looking for more than just a few kisses, and Clark says that he's hers, which implies that he's finally willing to let her get her way. I see your point, though. Assuming that Clark wasn't intending to do more, he was still wrong to give in, but it's a much more minor infraction than what I've been thinking.

ETA: So where's the scorn for Lois? She clearly believes that Superman is drugged, but you're not horrified that she's taking "advantage" of him. Yes, we know that Clark is fine with it, but SHE doesn't know that. That's a heck of a double standard. wink
Lois isn't innocent, either. I think the reason it doesn't bother me as much is that they're in public, and it's obvious that it isn't going to go past kissing. Of course, if Superman was actually drugged, he might whisk her away to somewhere private (which has been covered in more than one fic wink ), which opens up another can of worms and drastically increases Lois's culpability.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)