I get what you're saying, Mrs. M, but I think we're going to have to agree that we're viewing the same scene very differently.

It would be WILDLY out of character for Clark to force himself on Lois, especially when he knows she's been drugged. But I've never seen what he did in PML as forcing himself on her. My reading then (and now) of that scene is that he was going to kiss her. I never thought it would get any further than that. When I say he's reached his breaking point, I'm talking about how he's valiantly resisted the temptation to kiss her for the past 48 hours. Under no circumstances did I think he'd push for much more than that.

I'm a little horrified that you might have thought I was saying he was after more. shock

ETA: So where's the scorn for Lois? She clearly believes that Superman is drugged, but you're not horrified that she's taking "advantage" of him. Yes, we know that Clark is fine with it, but SHE doesn't know that. That's a heck of a double standard. wink Granted, in that moment, it's much more obvious that she only intends to kiss him, but I'd submit that, especially given Clark's respect for women in general and Lois in particular, it should be equally as obvious that he only meant to kiss her (long and thoroughly smile ).

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis