Something I've long wondered: Is the dance of the seven veils a real thing? And why would Lois know it?

I love the look on Clark's face when Lois walks over and sits on his desk. He sees her leg, and he's kind of shocked, but he likes it, but he's also wondering what her game is. I like all of Clark's reactions in this episode except for the "if you want me, I'm yours" line. When he says that, he's had hours to think about it and cool down. He obviously realizes that she's been drugged somehow, and he should realize that taking advantage of her in her drugged state would basically be rape. That's why the line seems way out of character for him.

In contrast, the "Lois Lane, I love you" at the end is perfectly in character. He is telling the literal truth while allowing Lois to draw the wrong conclusion, which is classic Superman. I love it. And the glance at the camera is reminiscent of George Reeves. I remember going "squee!!" at that point when I saw it first-run.

When Miranda sprayed herself before spraying Lex, I assumed that she had somehow built up an immunity to it (like iocane powder?), but it affects her when Superman breathes it in her face. What's the explanation for that? And why did Superman do that, anyway? It seems pretty vindictive. Maybe it was his way at getting back at her for his rough night of resisting Lois.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)