Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Something I've long wondered: Is the dance of the seven veils a real thing? And why would Lois know it?

I love the look on Clark's face when Lois walks over and sits on his desk. He sees her leg, and he's kind of shocked, but he likes it, but he's also wondering what her game is. I like all of Clark's reactions in this episode except for the "if you want me, I'm yours" line. When he says that, he's had hours to think about it and cool down. He obviously realizes that she's been drugged somehow, and he should realize that taking advantage of her in her drugged state would basically be rape. That's why the line seems way out of character for him.
Okay, Mrs. M., imagine this scenario. Lois does a striptease while singing this... "Whatever Lola Wants" from Damn Yankees! (Substituting "Clark" for "Joe" though).

This is how I imagine what happened off screen during her dance with the scarves. In the end, she passes out in his arms. He moves her to his bed, reapplies her scarves, and then he starts to pace.

ACTUALLY, we don't know how long Lois has been passed out. It could have been hours. It could have only been a half-hour. Maybe he doesn't even know that she's passed out. Maybe she went into the bathroom or put the scarves back on, because Clark's rejected her (or asked her to get dressed) and then passes out on the bed. Clark is busy pacing, not knowing when Lois will come out of the bathroom, and is too distracted by his own naughty thoughts to realize she had come out and fell asleep on his bed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.