Originally posted by Sue S.:
Welcome to the party, Captivated! We're always glad to see new faces. wave

Like many other people up-thread, I was hooked before the Pilot had even finished airing. I loved the snappy banter and the fact that Clark was something of a smarta**. It was a revelation to me to see a more adult and snarky version of the characters I had first fallen in love with as a child after the Superman movies.

Sadly, that started to change after the second season when the writing wasn't as tight as it had been. By the fourth season I felt like the characters I adored so much were just shadowy versions of their original selves. I can find moments to enjoy in the later seasons, but not whole eps.

Like Arawn said, it's the "what ifs" for all those missed opportunities that drives my love for fanfic.
Thanks for the welcome. smile

Speaking of stories... I think I have read all of yours. I am a HUGE fan! notworthy

Yeah... I love how competent Clark is in this show verses other incarnations. He's the REAL deal and Superman's the disguise. Very cool.

But, I was also let down by the direction the show went in, starting with the wedding fake out. It was such a change in tone... Up to that point I would have described the show as a campy, action, adventure, romantic comedy... but you wouldn't use the word "disturbing." But that whole clone/amnesia saga was just painful to watch at times.

And was it my imagination, or by season 4 did Lois/Terry started acting like someone had let the air out of her tires... I mean, except for the love scenes, which were consistently the best part of the show. wink

I've watched each episode several times now and I'm still noticing things. Mostly, I'm diverted by the fact that I don't seem to get tired of this silly show... smile