The no-swearing rule seems to be one that has been inconsistently applied over the years. I had wanted to end a story with Clark saying to Lois, "F... you, Lois Lane" but was told I couldn't use that word in g-fic. On the other hand, a story, by another author, with many uses of the banned word was posted a bit later ( a year?)both on the mbs and on the archive. So, who knows how it goes, is my point I guess [Smile]
eek

There is absolutely NO inconsistency with regard to the Fword, Carol. It is NOT PG13 and is unacceptable both on the mbs and the Archive - except in the nfic folder.

If there is a story on the Archive which contains this word - especially if it's repeated many times - please let me have the details so that I can contact the author and it can be edited as this is clearly a mistake and one that is over the line enough that it can't be left standing.

I do recall that some time ago now I discovered that one GE wasn't aware that the word was taboo and I issued a blanket memo to all GEs at that time reminding them that it was. But I wasn't aware at that time that any instances of the word had made their way onto the Archive by accident. IIRC the issue came up as an aside in a conversation I had with the GE in question, unrelated to anything they were working on at the time. So it may be that the story you refer to has no connection with that time and is just an error on its own.

Either way, it's an error that needs to be immediately rectified and I'd appreciate your co-operation in getting there.

LabRat smile (who just read Carol's post and spit out her Pepsi all over her screen goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers