I didn't mean to start some big debate and I certainly didn't mean to misrepresent you, Labby, but you know that. I shouldn't have said anything about it and just apologized for the delay in posting *sigh*. I hate being the cause of things remotely controversial - unintentionally or otherwise.

And actually, the thought that I worded that poorly did occur to me but then kids and such took over and I forgot about it.

If DS will cooperate long enough, I'll go fix it but I'm not hopeful at the moment wink .

I didn't mean to imply that Labby would have allowed Becky's [and therefore, mine] then but not either one now. And Labby - were you even EIC then? I think Kathy still was at that point, but that's not the point. The standards haven't changed, but for some reason IADT made it through when it shouldn't have. Because of that precedent, Labby would allow mine today.

All that said, I think the convo I cut did add to the development of their relationship but it's not worth making nfic over as it would be the only thing that made it nfic. In all honesty, if I hadn't reread IADT, it probably never would have been written. And IMO, IADT was much more... explicit [and I hesitate to use that term because while obvious what Becky was talking about, the fact that it should have been in nfic never occurred to me and I'm pretty nfic sensitive] than the conversation, but that's okay. Rules are rules and I gladly abide by them. I was genuinely curious when I asked Labby why this wouldn't be allowed but IADT had been and she said, IHO, it shouldn't have been allowed 7 years ago. That explains it to me just fine and the fact she would allow it based on precedent not rules made me sufficiently uncomfortable with posting it as PG13 and won't post it at all. It's really not a big deal - I made it into more of one in my own mind than it should have been and I didn't mean to make it into one here.

I think I was going to say something else but DS is crying and the phone has rung 4 times and DD6 apologized for 'hating' me and I chatted with her for a few minutes and I don't remember what it was, so my headache and I are going to go take some medicine and hope that I didn't stir things up even more here.

Carol [who would also like to declare that Labby rocks and will try to get her something finished enough for the archive soon because this behemouth will be a while]