It's more of a nurture issue. If Clark had been raised by someone other than the Kents, he wouldn't be quite as good as he is now. They instilled the old-fashioned values that we see in the show.
To some extent I buy that. The fact that Clark apparently always have had the love and support of his parents plays a big part in his "goodness" and his upbringing mould his social manners. but is the natural end product of a American Midwestern upbringing a altruist that care little about career, money, or recognition?

In “big girls” it seems that Clark discover that some part of his outlook is more a product of his nature then nurture.

I only meant that Kryptonian character is more reserved and analytical.

Kryptonian logic, Kryptonian character, Why are you so Kryptonian of a sudden?

I’m not more you know… all of a sudden I’ve always have been. I’m just now discovering my heritage.

Now in the fic world most fan’s don’t care about why Clark is good. He simply is a nice guy that can lift really heavy object and Clark would be relieved to agree. But to me that is a wilful delusion of his.

Clark Kent life is a theatre scene just as much Superman is. And I adore stories that really explore this. It can be little things like Jimmy laughing at him for forgetting a can opener. Or like Caroline’s. “If I were you”

It was fascinating to watch Clark chat with his old friends. It was as if he'd never left Smallville. He'd kept up with every bit of gossip, it seemed, and followed every conversation as if it were the most interesting he'd heard in a while. When the men's talk turned to football, he borrowed a pen from Leslie and began drawing plays on a napkin. When Jennifer mentioned her little boy's frequent ear infections, Clark told her about a Chinese herbal remedy he'd learned of during his travels. He talked farming with the farmers and commerce with the businessmen. He knew something about everything, it seemed, and could contribute just enough to any conversation to be a participant without ever being in danger of monopolizing it.

When Lois thought about it, she realized that Clark had been like that in the newsroom, too. He was always genial, always easygoing, but he never went out of his way to draw attention to himself. When he wasn't immediately involved in a conversation, he managed to subside into near invisibility. He wasn't that way with her, but he was with most acquaintances. How could he have such presence as Superman and be so retiring as Clark? And was one of the two the real Clark Kent, or was the truth somewhere in between? She knew that, if asked, any of Clark's old friends would have claimed to know him well, just as she would have claimed to know him well only a week ago. Now she suspected that Martha and Jonathan Kent were probably the only people on earth who could make that claim. .

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...