I know the moderators make/enforce the rules, but I found her post pertinent to the topic. Rather than using a specific LnC fanfic here as an example, and possibly hurting someone's feelings, she was using the movie characterization as an example instead, to make a general argument against bad/unredemptive Superman in the fanfics HERE. I don't know if I agree with her argument--my taste agrees with hers, but rather than censoring such fics I just try to avoid reading them--but I thought the post was in the right place.
I certainly wasn't suggesting that Ann use fanfic examples! eek The point is simply that if we're talking about Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on these boards -which is their purpose - then it makes sense for examples used to be from that series.

So tell us about a time Clark did something bad in the series. Don't tell us about a movie Clark, who is about as relevant to our Clark as the comic Clark is. Different retelling of the same basic story.

There are plenty of examples from the series - such as Clark not telling Lois as Superman that Lex was evil, Clark proposing before telling her that he's Superman, giving the child back to the kidnapper (even though he was acting under hypnosis).

I'm not saying that discussion of the morality of Movie-Clark isn't an interesting discussion, just reminding members that these boards aren't a general Superman forum.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*