While as interesting as it is, it may be best to leave the bible debates out of the discussion. No one will ever come to a consensus, and tempers will inevitably be riled up, as is already starting to happen. Especially as we all view religion differently. Also, explaining what is right and wrong in the Bible goes widely Off Topic.
<mod hat off>

I, like others, see Superman's goodness as a deliberate choice rather than something innate within him.
I'm not sure that I see it as a deliberate choice. It's more of a nurture issue. If Clark had been raised by someone other than the Kents, he wouldn't be quite as good as he is now. They instilled the old-fashioned values that we see in the show. Bring in Alt-Clark, and you can see some of the differences, since he lost the Kents at age 10, so lost a lot of that upbringing. If he had been raised by someone like the Luthors, he would have been completely different, and most likely would have turned out to the be the supervillain instead of the superhero. (That is all speculation on Lex's upbringing, of course)

Now I'm going to back to struggling to figure out the actual topic. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited