TOC,

How can there be any doubt that Clark chose his parents' lives of Lois', if he froze her to death to save his parents?
As Terry said, he didn’t (I think you should get the episodes, chances are that you would like them. wink ) Lois comes up with a plan that puts her life at risk (nothing unusual about that), Clark simply endorse it under considerable duress. That’s not to say that he wouldn’t have felt and been responsible if it had gone bad. But that is life. I think it speaks something of Clarks character that he accept Lois taking such risk, at least to a certain degree.

And he has chosen not to use his powers to rule, to kill, to gain riches, to have slaves and armies and enormous harems of concubines. He could have done all those things, but he has chosen not to.
Yes but not only that, he has chosen to exercise his powers in a very low-key fashion even in trying to make the world better as he defines it. He doesn’t topple tyrants, institute global laws, or enforce a more even distribution of resources, he doesn’t judge, he merely tries to show humanity a better way. Ching, the new Kryptonian viewed this approach as naïve and vacillating, that Clark was merely afraid of taking responsibility. And perhaps he is right.
Anyway , I think certainly there is room for greyness and struggle, but when Clark’s morality and worldview isn't taken into a account it begs the question why the world isn't different.

Elisabeth,

I also can't stand by and listen to you bring God down to Clark Kent's level. For one thing, Clark is fictional. I am highly offended that you would speak of God in the same way you would speak of a mere myth.
Without any intended offence, some people, like me, consider God a myth. No more real then the cartoon character Superman.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...