I mean, if even those "intelligent designers" managed to force schools into teaching that stuff in biology - I mean, I would have understood that sort of thing in religious education, because that is where it belongs, but in biology? Honestly!
The thing is, "intelligent design" really has nothing to do with religion. It's purely science -- and not just biology. When you look into it, Darwin's theory of evolution has a large number of *big* problems with it. And a lot less "proof" than most of us have been led to believe (see "Icons of Evolution" by Jonathan Wells). Darwin thought cells were pretty basic, for instance; we're learning now how fantastically complex they are (see "Darwin\'s Black Box" by Michael Behe). ID doesn't attempt to identify the "intelligence" behind the design; it's just about teaching both sides of the issue.

I think it's a fascinating topic. Science ought to be about investigating the world and following whatever evidence you find to wherever it leads you -- without ruling anything out before you even start. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K