I don't recall having any sort of special assembly in elementary school. I have visions of some movie, but I have a feeling that was a mental image from either a Judy Blume novel (possibly Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret) or some other book I've read.

My parents didn't even both sitting down and explaining it to me. My brother, some friends, and I had found my father's magazines at a very tender age (6?), and I started reading my mother's romance novels at the age of 12. That, along with the medical dictionary, and other items of my mothers found around the same time filled out my sex ed better than my parents and school ever could.

However, my mom did joke when I was a kid that she was going to put me back into her stomach so that she could keep me young. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited