Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
A response to 68: Where did Clark's "spin thing" come from?

In the episode referenced when Clark was trying on multiple outfits for a date with Lois (yeah, women aren't the only ones who do that), when he decides on the "right one" he says "Smokin'!" and does this cartoon-like arm-swing/leg-lift before speeding off-camera. That episode came out at the same time Jim Carrey's version of "The Mask" was in national release, and that same move was one of The Mask's scenes just before he went to the night club to visit Tina (Cameron Diaz). It was an attempt to tie into the popularity of that movie without actually stealing anything from it and getting sued - although I don't know who'd admit it today. As well-built and well-defined as Dean Cain was in those days, he was never as flexible as Jim Carrey (but aside from professional contortionists, who is?).
It's been a while since I saw Lucky Leon (because other than the date, the weak A-plot was not one of my favorites), but I do recall catching the Mask reference when I first watched it (and that was in 2010). AND the Mask did do the spin thing to change as well. I had forgotten about that.

Total aside, my son often reminds me of a 6 y.o. Jim Carrey with his silliness, jokes, and dancing style. (I've even told him that. Of course, having never seen a Jim Carrey movie, he has no idea to whom I'm referring. laugh ) Carrey's raunchy comedy styling isn't exactly PG, so he'll have to wait a few more years before he'll catch that reference.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.