In this instance, he could simply have been burning off a little nerves/excitement prior to the date -- sort of a super-fidgeting.
Love it--great reasoning! blush I've tried to think of other examples by himself and I couldn't come up with any. But the more I think about it, to me at least, I think it's just a fun habit he picked up, that seems to work well for him...(but I did remember that early on in the series, they showed him changing in the bathroom at the DP--the scene when his elbow goes through the stall smile --so initially the 'spin thing' wasn't the way to go, I guess...)

IolantheAlias: Thanks for the recommendations! I've gained a lot of great reading from your suggestions over the last year or so--just needed to finally get on the message board to finally tell you I appreciate what you do! Thanks wave

Ahhh. There is hope for some kind of live version, though. Orphaned shows are showing up on Kickstarter. I understand there's a Veronica Mars movie being done as well as this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125377036/star-trek-continues-webseries
Never give up hope clap

How about:

68. Do Molly and Lois ever rekindle (for the second time) their friendship?

69. Does Perry ever retire? And if yes, does he move south or stay in Metropolis? Who would be the new editor of the DP? (guess that is a three-part question, really...)

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~